Friday, January 20, 2012

Travel Motivators and Barriers:
There are many reasons that I would like to travel to Kenya. One of my top reasons is to see and experience Maasai life. The Maasai life interested me ever since I read a book about them and I would love to go visit them and experience life first hand. Another reason that I would like to go is because I like a warmer climate. The weather when I travel is warmer and I will enjoy this. The fact that the Maasai live and work in an outdoor environment is also a motivator. I enjoy spending time outside and would love to spend my day outside. A barrier for me is the safety. I feel that the terrorists and crime would scare me a little but I can overcome that fear with the amazing trip. Personally I think that some of the Maasai rituals might be a barrier for me. These rituals are personal to the Maasai and I would feel like an intruder if I participated or watched.

Some travel motivators for other might be animals. I feel that others would like to go on safaris and see the ‘big 5’. Another reason that people might go to Kenya is to help others. The volunteer aspect is a big reason that people go to places like Kenya. Some travel barriers for others might be living in the houses of the Maasai. I think that people might not enjoy staying in a house made of mud and dung. Similar to me a travel barrier might be the safety. As I mentioned above the terrorist and crime might scare people. Animals while in the motivator section can also be in the barriers because people may find animals dangerous or scary. One last reason that people may choose to avoid Kenya is because of sanitary problems. Kenya is not the cleanliest place to live because it is still developing and the unhygienic situations might be a barrier for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment